According to American Association of Suicidology there are 10 important suicide warning signs that you need to look for,
- Suicidal Ideation: thinking, talking, or writing about suicide, planning for suicide.
- Substance abuse.
- Anxiety, agitation and unable to sleep or sleeping all the time.
- Social Withdrawal from friends, family, or society.
- Anger, rage or seeking revenge.
- Recklessness or impulsiveness.
- Mood changes.
Suicide gesture and suicidal desires or a vague wish for death without any actual intent to kill oneself is often a self-damaging behaviour that a person suffering from mental health issues such as severe depression uses to attain other ends, such as to seek help, punish others, or to receive attention. Such behaviour however have the potential to help an individual’s attain the capability to commit suicide. When self-injurious behaviour is accompanied by the person also expressing a desire to commit suicide either verbally or through other behavioral signs then it should be considered a serious suicide warning sign.